It’s been a minute since the last blog post, I´ve been busy and “life happened” (I’m sure you can relate). But I have decided to get back at it again, for no other reason than that I enjoy it.
Over the last few years I have been getting a lot of questions about how I live my life now, so I thought I would address them here in this blog post.
- Why freelancing, and why Ibiza? I´m too curious not to try new things, and I love a challenge. It was really a combination of wanting to see what it would be like to have my own business, and the freedom to operate from anywhere. I could travel and work from anywhere, but I have moved around a lot in my life and I prefer to have a base. And I figured that my base might as well be on a beautiful island in the mediterranean. Ibiza is an amazing place to live, and there are a lot of people working remotely from here.
- How can you live in Ibiza? Discipline, attitude, great internet connection, and 300 sunny days per year.
- “You are so lucky” Technically this is not a question but it needs to be addressed. This lifestyle is hard work and luck has nothing to do with it. But I consider myself lucky to be healthy, I am sure you do to.
- What do you do for work? Companies and organisations hire me as a consultant to help them with their marketing communication. Some clients hire me as their marketing manager, some to develop their marketing strategy, and others to handle their social media communication and ad campaigns.
- How do you get clients? Most of the opportunities to pitch that come my way are through my network. My current client base consist of long term contracts and shorter projects.
- How do you get any work done when you are working remotely, from home? Being a freelancer, working remotely or not, comes down to one thing – discipline. It also helps that I love what I do, but it’s like working out – just get up and do it. No effort – no results.
- Favorite thing to do in Ibiza? Long lunches by the sea
- Don’t you want to “settle down”? First of all, settling down means different things to different people. Secondly; don’t worry about it.
- How are you? I am very well thank you:-) I am healthy, I am happy, I have amazing friends in my life, and I feel I have designed a good life for myself.
- Best social media advice? Check out this blog post with free advice